Monday, March 14, 2016

Upcoming Student Led Conferences

Next week, we will hold our annual student-led conferences on Tuesday, March 22nd from 4-8 in the evening.  Last Friday, I sent home a sign up sheet for you to let me know what time block you would be able to come in at during conferences.  If you haven't returned the sign up sheet, please do so as soon as possible.  I will do my best to give you the time block that works best for you and your family.  The blocks of time, will ensure that the conference night runs as smoothly as possible.  We will set up a variety of stations that we have worked on in class.  Your child's job will be to take to each station and explain the work that we do while showing you what they are currently working on.  Your child will show you:

  • How to use the Promethean Board,
  • Word Work Station
  • Language Journals
  • Writing Folders
  • Their "Good-Fit" books
  • How to use a retell rope
  • Computer Station
In addition, your child can show you any other item in the classroom that he/she has worked on.  We have some great work samples out in the hallway as well that I hope you take the opportunity to look at and discuss with your child.

If you are unable to attend conferences, please contact me so we can work out another time for you to come see what we are working on.  If you have any concerns or would like to meet with me privately, please contact me for another conference time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

www.hogansfirstgrade.blogspot.com