Monday, May 14, 2012

Countdown to the last day of school...

As you know, our first graders have been involved in a 10 day countdown.  Many of the kids are ready for their summer vacations and all the fun in the sun they will have.  Some kids are counting down to the first day of summer school.  I'm counting down to the days I get to spend with my two very precious daughters.  Summer vacation just happens to be one of the MANY PERKS of my job that I LOVE!  This summer we have lots of exciting things planned.  I know we will spend many a day enjoying the weather outside.  We will spend many of our afternoons at the swimming pool where  my oldest daughter will splash around like the mermaid she pretends she is. 


 I plan on getting my oldest daughter involved in the Summer Reading Club at the The Wood Place Public Library.  We visited the public library on Friday where they visited with us about their summer reading program.  Anyone signed up can get at FREE library card and if you live inside the city limits your whole family can get a FREE library card.  This is an awesome program and I can't wait to get my daughter signed up.  Don't forget to sign your child up on MAY 24TH.  Involving your child in the summer reading program at the library is a great way to ensure that they will continue to read during their long summer vacations.  As we say in our fabulous first grade classroom "Why do we read to self or read to someone or listen to reading???.......TO BECOME A BETTER READER!

Check out the pictures below to see some of the fun your child has been involved in this month.

Rainforest Visit at the Middle School
More of our rainforest trip to Mrs. Bishop's 6th Grade Classroom


We EARNED a class party.  The students ate lunch in the courtyard.
Teacher's Appreciation Week...Thank you for the many gifts I received and thoughtful notes.  I LOVE my job!  You all are too kind....again MANY THANKS!



We read 100 books!!  The book party that Mrs. Steffes planned for our students.

No comments:

Post a Comment

www.hogansfirstgrade.blogspot.com