Saturday, May 26, 2012

Moving onto Second Grade and more...

Well, the last day of school has come and gone.  This years kids are now moving onto second grade.  This year was quite memorable for me as I had my second daughter in December.  We began using balanced literacy as our curriculum for reading.  This was the first year we had protected literacy and math times.  This means that teachers were not allowed to pull students out of the general classroom for instruction in their room.  We also began implementing RTI otherwise known as response to intervention this year.  So many new things were implemented in the five years that Mrs. Steffes has been principal at our building.  Next year, we will have a new principal.  Mr. Williams will be returning to our building.  In addition, we will have a new addition to our first grade team.  I am saddened but excited at the same time...Mrs. Dampf will be moving to teach second grade.  We are sad to see her leave our team but are excited about her new adventure in second grade.  We will be welcoming newcomer Mrs. Morrow to our team next year.  She will begin her first year as a teacher in our building and she is enthusiastically awaiting the start of the 2012-2013 school year.

With this school year coming to a close I would like to share some of the last few pictures I took of our class.  The following pictures are from our awards ceremony on the last day of school.  Madelyn won the citizenship award for PE, Kamryn won perfect speller, Trinity won most improved DIBELs score, Kaden and Alayna won our class citizenship award.  Congratulations to these students!!!!  I will miss this group of students.  They were a wonderful group.  I know they will be very successful in second grade.  I hope that they will not forget this memorable year and that they stop by to say "hello" once in a while.  Enjoy your summer!  I'll be continuing to make posts throughout the summer.  I plan to share my summer fun as well as some summer activities that you and your child can do throughout the many weeks of summer.







No comments:

Post a Comment

www.hogansfirstgrade.blogspot.com