Monday, June 18, 2012

Schools Out...Summers In

I LOVE LOVE LOVE summertime!  It gives me a chance to spend my whole days with my two little girlies.  As you have seen in my previous posts my oldest daughter and I have been going to the library for story time on Wednesday mornings.  This has been a great way to spend some one-on-one time with her.  The pool also gets most of our afternoons.  We love the water and especially enjoy these hot summer days so we can chillax at the pool.  I've recently taken my 6 month old to the pool for the first time and she enjoyed it just as much as my oldest child.  I guess I have some little mermaids on my hand.  It doesn't surprise me.  My favorite thing to do on warm summer days when I was young was to spend my day, and by day I mean the WHOLE DAY, at the pool while my dad went golfing.  Aside from swimming and the library, we enjoy spending those nice breezy summer days at Proctor Park.  We pack our lunch and head to the park for the day.  With the help of grandma, we travel to and from all of the different playgrounds Proctor Park has to offer.  I've also been getting some reading of my OWN done during this summer break.  I've already read "Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince," and "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows," by J.K. Rowling, and  "The Hunger Games," "Catching Fire," and"Mockingjay" by Suzanne Collins.  I'm now reading "Unbearable Lightness" by Portia de Ross.  Next up on my list is a professional book entitled, "The Leader in Me" by Stephen Covey.  I'm so excited about reading this book and learning about empowering our students at California Elementary for greatness! Parents, a great book for you to put on your summer reading list is Sean Covey's "The 7 Habits of Healthy Kids."   You can check it out at the site below.
  The Leader in Me
And for all my soon to be 2nd graders...I hope you have been doing some great reading of your own this summer.  Check out this recommended list of reading for kids below.

Children's Reading List

And if you need something else to do this summer check out the site below with interactive games for kids based on the 7 habits.
  Student Schoolyard

Now for some fun pictures of the Hogan family...

My daughter and I enjoying an afternoon at the park.

My youngest daughter having fun in the sun.

My family with Fr. Fred after Elly's baptism.

Getting ready for some pool fun.

My little bumblebee

No comments:

Post a Comment

www.hogansfirstgrade.blogspot.com