Thursday, February 21, 2013

ThUNdeR SnOW....A Snowy Day in Mid-MO!

Well it is quite clear by now that today was a snow day for our little kiddies here at CES.  The weather has been crazy with rain, sleet, snow, thunder and lightning all in the early morning hours!!  As I am writing this post my children are still in their comfy pj's...as am I...and the snow is still coming down quite heavy.  My oldest is looking forward to building Frosty once more and my  youngest is on her first nap of the day.  Oh how relaxing these unexpected snow days can be! 
Last week we celebrated  Valentine's Day in our classroom.  I've been meaning to get this post up, but the busy week kept me from doing so...as did my sick girls at home.  We made 3 visits to the doctors in 1 week!!  We seem to be on the mend now...so here is a peek at some of the fun things we did last week.
 
100_3195
100_3197
We used Cara Carroll’s candy heart activity for a fun math lesson on probability.  You can find her original post here along with the activity.  I bought conversation hearts and placed a handful in each mystery bag.  The students were asked to grab a candy heart out of the bag 15 times.  They had to predict which color they thought they would pick more of, draw 15 times, and then tally their results.  Afterwards they wrote their inferences on why they picked out the most of their color. 
100_3196100_3201
We had a lot of creative and unique Valentine Boxes this year.  I’m sure Pinterest had nothing to do with it…right??!!!  Check out this adorable little box from one of my sweet kiddies.  Someone spent a lot of time on this box.  I hope she’s able to use again!  Winking smile
100_3198100_3200
 
post signature




No comments:

Post a Comment

www.hogansfirstgrade.blogspot.com