Sunday, February 9, 2014

sNOw More Snow

Well…at least no more snow days!  This teacher is going to be crazy behind with all these snow days we’ve had.  The things I dislike about snow days is it always seems like it takes forever to get caught back up.  So many lessons that have to be taught and SNOW little time to get it all completed in.  I feel double the pressure this year since little Baby K will be arriving in 4 WEEKS!!!! SAY WHAT??!!! Where did the time go!!!!  I can say however, that snow days have allowed me some precious time with my babies and I will always cherish our fun days at home.  It also allows me some catch up time on all my chores at home that I so quickly fall behind in.  I’ve felt the need to purge and get ready for Baby in more ways than one during these snow days.  First things first though I had to get my maternity leave plans completed.  CHECK!!!  I have six weeks of plans all wrapped up as well as all of my procedural expectations.  Now if we could just have school so I could go in and make all my copies for Mr. Sub!!! Yes I said MISTER!!  I’ll have to keep on top of my plans because I have six weeks out from today so that if Baby decides to show up now I’m ready.  Now each week all I’ll have to do is plan for the next week to stay ahead of the game.  Let’s hope I can keep on top of the game! Easy peasy…lemon squeezy right??  Next came operation change rooms for my youngest.  It’s still a work in progress but I’d say she started jumping out of her crib this week at just the right time!!  {NOT JOKING!} Now her and sissy are sharing a room and they are both thrilled.  I’m still in the process of transferring clothes from one closet and dresser to the next.  It is definitely a work in progress.  With two girls already we have a TON of clothes!  I took out all the baby clothes from my totes to place in Baby’s room and have purged like crazy.  Books we never look at {because we have a gazillion thanks to mommy and Scholastics} and toys we no longer give the time of day to went to a new home….GRANDMA’S.  At least there they will get played with and they won’t be taking up our precious space!  I’ve also had some time to work on my fun little projects that make for my kiddies and sale on TpT!  I love getting creative and I have an obsession with clipart!  {Anyone else have this problem??!!}  I finally finished my sweet little Valentine’s Day pack that has been uploaded.  I can’t wait to use it next week with my students.  On our previous snow days I uploaded my penguin pack that we will begin using next week as well!  So excited about both of these.  My most recent projects have been my best yet.  The more I create the more ideas I get and the better I get at it.  It is definitely one of the things I look forward to doing when my kiddies are asleep.  I have also been updating some of my previous packs on TpT….so always be on the lookout for updates so you can re-download my goodies.  I’m very close to finishing my Daily 5 and CAFÉ  packet.  This will definitely be one of my faves!  I’m already using most of my stuff from my packet…I’m simply working on aligning posters and reading skills with the common core so it will be easy for you and I to track the standards we are teaching.  Hopefully once Baby arrives this packet can be finished and posted.  {Anyone else have ADD when it comes to creating?  I often start things and before I finish them I begin something else.  I have so many things in the works!}  Well…not much to report on the school front since we’ve been home.    I hope everyone has been enjoying the snow mother nature so nicely gave to us.  My girls love it and it sure is a sight to behold.  Love the look of freshly fallen snow.  Hopefully next week will be a full week of school.  Don’t forget, next week is a 4 day week.  No school for kids on Friday, February 14th.  Our Valentine’s Day party will be on Thursday, February 13th at 2:15 p.m. 

vday

 

Sweet on friends

Check out my Valentine pack.  I’ll be using it this week during my math and literacy stations.  So excited about it!  Smile

No comments:

Post a Comment

www.hogansfirstgrade.blogspot.com