Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Blog Makeover

Once again I opted for a new blog layout.  Previously I was using free blogger layouts and banners from The Cutest Blog on the Block.  This is a great place to go if your looking for a cute blog layout that looks professional but is FREE.  I have enjoyed using them and their tutorials are always fabulous.  Through them I was able to create a signature line, change my title, date, and side bar fonts and color, and was able to have a professional banner and background.  More recently, I had been looking for ways to update my blog with style.  Although I loved the look I received from The Cutest Blog on the Block I was looking for something different.  This past year I was talking with Lori from Lori's Latest Links at an SDE conference.  I had signed up for one of her fabulous sessions and we discussed blog designs.  Her blog recently went under construction and is now designed by the ever fabulous Dreamlike Magic.  I loved her new look so I checked them out.  They have some great clip art sets, digital paperbacks, web designs, and much more.  Therefore, I looked into getting something new from them.  I still wasn't willing to pay a ton of money for my blog design.  I wanted something simple, but professional.  Something that I could keep no matter what theme I had in my class or the season.  They offer pre-made designs, as do most blog designers.  I opted for a pre-made design, but I feel like it just perfect for what I was looking for.  I am very pleased with my design.  And who knows...maybe one day I'll be willing to pay more for an individual blog design that no one else can get...but for now this is absolutely perfect.  If your looking for a change, you may want to check them out too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

www.hogansfirstgrade.blogspot.com