Sunday, February 22, 2015

~LOVE is in the Air~

Wow...what a sweet little Valentine's party we had the other week.  My apologies for not getting this up sooner.  I did post pictures to our class Facebook page though.  Thank you so much to all of you that thought of me in someway...gift cards, candy, school supplies...whatever it was.....THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart.  It was truly amazing to see all the sweet treats that were brought in for me and made me feel super special.  The kids did a great job creating their Valentine's day boxes and bags.  Their special treats and cards were so cute.  They loved getting to share how much they care about their friends.  They had a ton of snacks and drinks and just plain had a blast.  I was so caught up in the fun that I forgot to take pictures until right before school was letting out.  Here are some pictures of the students boxes and bags they created.

The students have been learning how to compare and contrast events and characters in a story.  We compared ourselves to our friends using a Venn Diagram and then wrote about each other.  We also got to compare Mrs. Dusenberg and Mrs. Hogan!  The students also have compared Ruby Bridges, Rosa Parks, and Martin Luther King, Jr.  Some other books we have used for comparing are The Three Little Pigs, The True Story of the Three Little Pigs, Red Riding Hood and Lon Po Po.












We also reviewed our doubles facts with this sweet little activity I created for the kids.  In math we are learning how to recognize our "doubles plus 1" facts.   This is important because if I know my doubles facts I can easily apply that information to my "doubles plus 1" facts.  For example, if I know that 5 + 5 = 10 then I know that 5+6 must equal 11 because 5 and 5 is 10 plus 1 more is 11.





No comments:

Post a Comment

www.hogansfirstgrade.blogspot.com