Monday, August 13, 2012

Camping Out in First

Welcome to all my fabulous firsties!!  Back to school we go!  I have been busy creating the BEST classroom learning environment for all of you and I can't wait to share our awesome space together.  Our classroom will be your home away from home.  I want you to be comfortable in our living space and feel right at home here in our room.  Teachers went back to work today. We have been busy with very important meetings, but I have managed to spend some time putting the finishing touches on our room and getting lesson plans for the first two weeks planned and ready to go.  I am soooo excited to meet all of you.  I hope you all take the time to join me for Open House on Tuesday, August 14th from 5:00-7:00 p.m.  During this time, you can come and get acquainted with your new teacher and classroom, find your seat before the first day, and bring in your labeled supplies (this will save tons of class time on the first day).  You will also leave Open House with a packet of information to thumb through, fill out, and return, plus you can come and get your lunch accounts set up.  After Open House, I encourage you to stick around for the PTO meeting that starts shortly after 7:00 p.m.  PTO does so many wonderful things for our students, teachers, and school.  Your support in creating a successful year for our PTO is greatly appreciated.  The work you put forth in taking care of our elementary school is phenomenal.   Take a look at our camp out space for the year.  Can't wait to meet you!!!!

Welcome to Our Classroom

Welcoming Bulletin Board

Classroom Happenings board

An overview of our room minus our cutesie curtains.  They hadn't been hung yet (they are finally up now so I'll have to put a new pic up soon so you can get the full effect.)


Schedule

Giving Tree for Open House

Baskets with labels for Open House

Baskets for Open House

Calendar (I use this for reference only because we conduct Calendar time on our Mimio interactive board.)

Student mailboxes

CAFE board (We will add reading strategy cards on this throughout the year.)

Writing Menu (We will add writing strategies throughout the year.)

Student "book shelves" This is where they will house their books for reader's workshop.

Class Library pic #1

Class Library pic #2

Class Library pic #3

Class Library pic #4

Class Library pic #5

Leveled labels for our library

Interest labels for our library.

Interest labels for our library.

More labeled baskets for Open House.

Our "book nook"

My current "messy" desk.

My one and only filing cabinet.

This is how I organize my copies for the day.

Behavior Clip Chart for the year.

Class Handbook ready for Open House.

Welcome letter for Open House

Student "goodies" for Open House.


 I still have a few finishing touches to put on our classroom before Open House.  But, this gives you an overview of what our classroom looks like.  I hope to see all your faces tomorrow night at Open House.  Let's make this a FAB-U-LOUS year!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

www.hogansfirstgrade.blogspot.com