Sunday, June 23, 2013

Classroom Makeover!

My “new-to-me” room got a makeover this weekend.  It’s out with the old and in with the NEW.  Myself along with some fabulous helpers…a.k.a. Mom and Dad helped with the painting.  It sure is a good thing because I had never painted a day in my life before this weekend.  The hubby stayed home and watched the girls…thanks to him too for taking such good care of our girlies while I was busy working away.  I thought I’d get it all done this weekend before our custodial staff begins cleaning our rooms on Monday….but I failed to do so.  We came pretty close.  However, it looks like in August we will be doing doors, cabinets, and bathroom.  We’ll probably have a few touch-ups to do as well.  So happy with the progress and the room looks great!  Check it out!!

100_3556100_3557100_3558100_3559100_3560100_3561100_3562

Not the best photos, but I’ll be sure to post my classroom pictures once I get it all completed with décor and all.  So excited about the coming school year, but for now I’m going to enjoy this time with my children.  Smile

post signature

2 comments:

  1. I love the colors! My classroom is purple, turquoise, and black this year. I would love to see more pictures of your classroom! I wish we could paint our rooms, mine is the color of oatmeal and my cabinets are a weird green color!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are very lucky that we get to paint. Before the room was a dingy cream color with ugly brown and yellowish brick. Our class color is purple so there was already some purple in the room just not very much. I'm so glad I was able to make the room bright and cheery. I only wish I could paint my door. Our school colors are red, white, and blue so the doors coming into the room have to remain the same.

    ReplyDelete

www.hogansfirstgrade.blogspot.com