Thursday, January 17, 2013

What's in Mrs. Hogan's Bag?....Making Inferences

I love teaching the kids about inferences.  I'll give you a sneak peek on one of our lessons on using our schema and clues to make inferences.  I want to give a shout out to Abby over at The Inspired Apple .  She posted this lesson on teaching inferences and I just had to do this with my kiddies.  Click HERE for the original post on her blog.

To start the lesson we looked through the contents of one of Mrs. Hogan's bags.  The students then made inferences on what all the stuff meant. {Why was it there?} It was a nice introductory lesson.  We will continue with making inferences next week.   We've started making inferences using texts in class and I can't wait to show you the learning that is taking place in our classroom! You can see what we did last year HERE.  Also don't forget to check out last weeks post.  I finally updated with pictures of what the kids did for math stations and also put some more information out there about the math stations we did in class.  You can check out that post HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment

www.hogansfirstgrade.blogspot.com